The United Kingdom National Culture Collection (UKNCC)
The United Kingdom National Culture Collection (UKNCC) was established to coordinate the activities of the UK national service collections of microbial organisms. Information on UKNCC services and on other collection activities can be found through the menu items above.
The UKNCC members collections offer a culture/ cell supply service. The organisms that are supplied include actinomycetes, algae, animal cells, bacteria, cyanobacteria, filamentous fungi, nematodes, protozoa, mycoplasm, viruses and yeasts.
- supply of pure named organisms
- reference strains and cell lines
- starter cultures
- production strains
- plant and human pathogens (subject to permits)
- microbial resistance test strains
- DNA and extracts derived from authenticated strains
You can select the strains you require by searching the databases of the individual culture collections below. You can also view information relating to the supply of strains.
* Incorporates the UK Collection of Fungus Cultures, The UK National Collection of Wood Rotting Fungi, The British Antarctic Survey Culture Collection
** An HPA culture Collection. (www.hpacultures.org.uk)